3D Character Artist (Senior)
We’re looking for a senior character artist who will be responsible for all aspects of character creation and work with a team of talented individuals on making Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass.
This position is available for on-site and remote applicants.
- Developing high detail, photorealistic 3D models (humanoid characters and other creatures, including faces, hair, armor, and weapons)
- Creating clean, low-resolution game topology and UV’s
- Developing game-ready assets to match concept, photo reference, art direction, etc.
- Creating textures and next-gen materials for use in-game engine
- Exporting models and textures into in-house engine (Serious Engine 4.x) and making sure they work correctly, touching-up textures after engine integration to optimize quality
- Working closely with the animation team and other artists to bring the characters to life
- Cleaning up scanned data
- Experience with creating character / organic models (modeling and texturing)
- Proficiency in Zbrush or Mudbox
- Understanding of human and animal anatomy and clothing and a keen eye towards form, shape, structure and silhouette in regards to modeling
- Eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps
- Up to date with the latest 3D trends
- Good English communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Good judgment on when to make it perfect and when to compromise
- Passion about art and video games, and eagerness to grow
- Proficiency in one or more texturing software (Quixel, Substance Painter/Designer)
- Skills in one or more 3D modeling software (Blender, Modo, 3D Studio Max, Maya)
- Skills in hard-surface poly modeling techniques
- Baking pipeline and rendering experience
- Character concept art skills
- Previous experience in a 3D Artist role in the video game industry or TV/ film
- Experience with game engines
- Skinning, rigging and animating skills
- Traditional sculpting, drawing or painting skills
- Understanding of the visual style of Croteam games and a passion to push it to the next level
- On-site work in Zagreb
- Work on the world famous Serious Sam franchise and the critically acclaimed The Talos Principle
- Smart, engaged and friendly co-workers and flat studio structure
- Opportunities for growth and learning
- Working on cutting edge technology
- A competitive salary
- Flexible work hours, a relaxed atmosphere and no open space office
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT
- Full-time on-site, remote or outsourcing
- Student job (part-time or full-time work when study schedule allows) – all the above requirements apply
If you are a candidate that meets our requirements, please apply by sending your CV and portfolio* via this application form by February 19th, 2019 at the latest. Please note that, due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*The portfolio is usually a refined selection of the applicant’s best job-relevant work demonstrating skills in photorealistic 3D characters modeling. We prefer it to feature quality photos or renderings of work and a clear list of what exactly the applicant did for that shot (concept, compositing, lighting, everything, etc.).