11. December 2014
The Talos Principle is a first-person puzzle game in the tradition of philosophical science fiction. Made by Croteam and written by Tom Jubert (FTL, The Swapper) and Jonas Kyratzes (The Sea Will Claim Everything).
About the Game
As if awakening from a deep sleep, you find yourself in a strange, contradictory world of ancient ruins and advanced technology. Tasked by your creator with solving a series of increasingly complex puzzles, you must decide whether to have faith, or to ask the difficult questions: Who are you? What is your purpose And what are you going to do about it?
- Overcome more than 120 immersive puzzles in a stunning world.
- Divert drones, manipulate laser beams and even replicate time to prove your worth - or to find a way out.
- Explore a story about humanity, technology and civilization. Uncover clues, devise theories, and make up your own mind.
- Choose your own path through the game's non-linear world, solving puzzles your way.
- But remember: choices have consequences and somebody's always watching you.
The Talos Principle - Official Launch Trailer YouTube
Logos & Icons
- "The Talos Principle is a delightful puzzle experience that spurs the curiosity of players both in terms of solutions to the challenges and to the philosophical nature of our existence. It's certainly worth it to go through the game as there are just a few downsides, from the freezes to the slightly repetitive solutions or the jump scares caused by unnoticed obstacles."
- 9 / 10, Softpedia
- "I didn't expect a video game to have deep philosophical questions that I pondered long after each session, and I appreciate how it adds the kind of depth seldom seen in games. It's also very cool to play a non-combat game that keeps me interested for hours at a time. The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition doesn't offer any new content to entice people who played the PC version, but I highly recommend it to everyone who hasn't."
- 4.5 / 5, Game Revolution
- "An adept and satisfying puzzle game with a narrative that requires a bit of player investment to yield its biggest rewards."
- 84 / 100, PC Gamer
- "The Talos Principle is going to be something very, very special for you."
- 9.5 / 10, Jim Sterling (Jimquisition)
- "The Talos Principle is an absolute joy to play."
- 9 / 10, Gamespot
- "One of the best games of the year."
- 4.5 / 5, PC World
Request Press Copy
Request a press copy by dropping us an email, and if we have any available we will gladly hook you up!
Official Facebook Page
Official Twitter Profile
Available on Steam store.steampowered.com
Croteam is an independent game development company located in Zagreb, Croatia and developing games and 3D engine technologies for PC, Mac, Linux, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS and Android, as well as various VR platforms.
More information on Croteam, our logo & relevant media are available here.