Hard Surface Modeler
Are you a Hard Surface Modeler? Would you like to work with our team of concept, character and environment artists to bring crazy and extraordinary worlds to life?
Come join our team at Zagreb, Croatia to work on Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass and other super secret unannounced projects.
- Developing high detail, photorealistic 3D models (vehicles, weapons and other inorganic designs)
- Creating clean, low-resolution game topology and UV’s
- Developing game-ready assets to match concept, photo reference, art direction, etc.
- Exporting models and textures into in-house engine (Serious Engine 4.x) and making sure they work correctly, touching-up textures after engine integration to optimize quality
- Collaborating with engineers and tech artists to help develop an effective environment art pipeline that facilitates prototyping and a rapid iteration mindset for a game development team
- Cleaning up scanned data
- Proficiency in one or more 3D modeling software (Blender, Modo, 3D Studio Max, Maya)
- Understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Eye for light, shade color, and detail in creating texture maps
- Up to date with the latest 3D trends
- Good English communication skills (both written and spoken)
- On-site work in Zagreb
- Good judgment on when to make it perfect and when to compromise
- Passion about art and video games, and eagerness to grow
- Proficiency in one or more texturing software (Quixel, Substance Painter/Designer)
- Skilled in ZBrush or Mudbox
- Previous experience in a 3D Artist role in the video game industry or TV/ film
- Experience with creating game ready assets, taking them through modeling, texturing, high poly to low poly baking pipeline and rendering to engine
- Technical background with ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly
- Understanding of the visual style of Croteam games and a passion to push it to the next level
- Work on the world famous Serious Sam franchise and the critically acclaimed The Talos Principle
- Smart, engaged and friendly co-workers and flat studio structure
- Opportunities for growth and learning
- Working on cutting edge technology
- A competitive salary
- Flexible work hours, a relaxed atmosphere and no open space office
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT
- Full-time on-site (in Zagreb, Croatia)
- Student job (part-time or full-time work when study schedule allows) – all the above requirements apply
If you are a candidate that meets our requirements, please apply by sending your CV and portfolio* via this application form by February 19th, 2019 at the latest. Please note that, due to time constraints, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*The portfolio is usually a refined selection of the applicant’s best job-relevant work demonstrating skills in 3D modeling. We prefer it to feature quality photos or renderings of work and a clear list of what exactly the applicant did for that shot (concept, compositing, lighting, everything, etc.).